Today we visited the Bank of England. We left the campus around 8:30 and arrived at the bank at about 9:45. We had to go through security before we could get inside the bank. There were no pictures allowed after the security check point, so I don't have anything from the inside. We were given a brief description of what the bank's responsibilities are and how they changed in 1997. After the presentation, we watched a "drama documentary" about what would happen if their was not an entity that controlled interest rates to maintain inflation.
Afterwards, we were allowed to ask questions. A good question was asked with regards to why Great Britain has not gotten on board with the euro. He informed us that the euro would not benefit GB because their needs are not the same as other countries. It makes since that their economy is vastly different from the others using that currency, but I think it's mainly because GB does not want to be told what to do by someone else.
Following the question/answer session, I GOT TO PICK UP A BLOCK OF GOLD!! There were four cameras and a lady watching me, so I didn't try to take it with me. Visiting the bank was a very educating experience.
Bank of England
Big timing...
No comments:
Post a Comment