Today was an amazing experience! We toured all over London and got to see the unique architecture and learn about the history this city has (see slide show). We left the college at 9:00AM (BST) and ended the tour about 2:00PM (BST). Since we were in a tour bus, we did not get to see as much as we had hoped, but we have a good idea of the places we want to visit. We ate lunch at a place called "The KnightsBridge Cafe." I had a Milano, which contained milano salami, chili sauce (not the same as US), cucumbers, and lettuce.
I found the church that I will be attending while I'm here. It's catholic, so my Cali family will be happy. You may have heard of it: St. Paul's Cathedral (where Princess Diana and Prince Charles were married). It is a beautiful church, and it is not too far from where I am staying. Service starts at 11:00, so I leave here at 9:30 to make sure I get a good seat!
Finally, made it out to a local pub lastnight. It will probably be the one we frequent most often since it is only a few blocks from us. It is called The Lion, and it was filled with a bunch of locals that enjoyed talking to Americans. The tab was not too bad. After a few pints and a roast beef and pudding wrap with "chips," my tab came out to be £16.55. That was not too bad for dinner. We also found a couple of Subways and McDonalds, so when the money gets tight we know where to go. While we are here, the college provides us with breakfast from 7:00AM - 9:30AM, lunch when our classes meet (Monday and Wednesday), and dinner Monday - Thursday. I'll eat here often because it is provided, but I will be sure to continue to tour around and taste the local food.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Tour de London!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey man! Dont forget to check out Salisbury Cathedral. Make sure you take a bunch of pictures for me there and Stonehenge and Woodhenge if you get a chance. All of that should be close enough to tour in one day in Wiltshire. Do they really call a BigMac sandwich there a Royal with cheese??
Post a Comment